Happy New Year! We are starting the New Year by releasing an updated version of the Skild platform with some very exciting improvements and new features!
· Intrusion Detection System: While this was installed in 2014, Skild's infrastructure is continuously monitored, protecting the system and your data from intrusion or compromise.
· Antivirus Implementation: File uploads will automatically be scanned for viruses. Files that are suspicious will not be accepted by the system, ensuring security for your administrators and judges.
· AutoSave: Contestants will now have the ability to turn on “AutoSave” from the contestant app, which means entry form data will be backed up every 60 seconds when enabled. Contestants who utilize this feature will never have to worry about losing all of their work.
· Timeout Improvements for Contestants: If a contestant should happen to leave his or her browser in the entry form for an extended period of time, they will be timed out of their session. Previously, this may have meant losing some work. Now, an session timeout will automatically save the entry data (whether or not AutoSave is turned on), and the user will be sent to the log in page with a system message to make them aware that they have timed out.
· New storage: We have moved our repository to Amazon Web Services’ S3. This ensures your data is quickly accessible, always available, and secure.
· New 404 Page: Hopefully you’ll never see it other than right here, but just in case, we want our whole platform to look good!
In addition to completely new features, we have made improvements to our currently existing features. These include:
· Entries will contain their bracket information when they are downloaded from the administration panel.
· Updated Arabic translations for our multi-language users have been implemented
· Reports that are exported are no longer comma-separated CSV
· Our mobile contestant app has been upgraded to be more responsive, faster, and have better mobile detection
· Our API has been modified to work with the new S3 storage changes. We have done all of the work on our side, so there are no changes needed by our current API users.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you,
The Skild Team