This month’s deployment is our largest of the year thus far. We now deploy using our Zero Downtime model, so we do not expect any interruption in your service. In addition to a major system upgrade and the usual bug fixes and improvements, we are also releasing the following enhancements and features.
New Timeline Page Design and New Date/Time Picker
Although our date/time picker has served us well for many years, we decided it was time to freshen up our look. The new date/time picker allows you to copy/paste a date/time from one field to another, as well as type directly into the date/time field. The slider is gone, and we have simplified the picker so that times can be selected in increments of 15 minutes. To use the picker,
1. Click on the Calendar Icon
2. Click on the Date
3. Click on the Hour in AM or PM
4. Click on the Minute
You can use the arrows at the top to quickly move back and forth, and clicking “Today” will enter the current date and time. If you’d like to quickly move back one level of detail (for example, to move to select the year instead of the month), click the item name in the top of the box.
As always, the “Make Visible” box is available in certain areas to make particular milestones visible inside of the contestant and judging application.
- Make sure you are in the correct time zone (if not, go to Setup/General and adjust this before making any other changes).
- Always hit the Save button at the bottom!
- Remember that the Total Phase dates can be different from the Submission and Judging Period dates WITHIN that phase.
- After you save, check the top of the Timeline page for potential errors.
New Reporting Tool for Exported Reports
You will now see a new interface and tools for the Entry Export, Scorecard Export, and Nominations Report (Reports/Export). Rather than download the report to your hard drive, you will request a report be emailed (to yourself and/or others). This email will contain a link to the report that you have requested.
You will be able to see the status of your currently running report, and the report will also be available for download from this page. And, as you can see, you can now choose whether to download your data in CSV format or Excel.
If you’d like to customize the email messaging that accompanies these reports, you may create a new item in your CMS. If not, default text will be used.
- For the best performance, only request one type of report at a time.
- Large reports may take some time. You may check the status of your report at anytime on the Reports/Export page.
If you have any questions regarding any information in this article, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.