What is a bracket?
A walled class or group in which contestants compete.
When to use brackets?
- Organization: When you want to organize contestants, judges, voters and nominees in a particular category. The Skild system will efficiently separate the brackets in the Admin, Judge, and/or Public Voting interface.
- Different Entry Forms: When you have the need for different entry forms assigned to a particular category. For example, if you have two brackets called Video and Photography and you want to collect only videographers to submit videos and photographers to submit photos, you would utilize brackets to route the contestant to the appropriate bracket entry form.
- By Contestant or Team(recommended): The team leader chooses the bracket in which they compete on the entry form
- By Admin: The administrator can choose what bracket the team competes in after they have registered. The registration form can be designed where the contestant or contestant team leader sets their bracket/category preferences and waits for the administrator to assign the bracket through [Play>>User Management]
Brackets will dynamically add advanced features to the following modules/features:
- Event Docs & Media - creating content for each phase/bracket
- PLAY>>Manage Entries - Filter By Bracket
- Entry Form Builder - option to create different entry forms for each bracket
- Scorecards - applying different scorecards to each phase/bracket